Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tc for upstream pipes into catch basins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctbailey

Civil/Environmental
May 11, 2005
US
when i model catchbasins i typically use the "catch basin" type of pond, and model the outlet as the down stream connecting culvert.

How do I "take advantage of the Tc" of the outlet (downstream) culvert as it traverses across my next downstream subatchment?

In other words... I am wondering if the outlet culvert of a catchbasin pond should be included as a Tc segment in the next downstream subcatchment?

But that would artificially increase the length of the Tc run!

By modeling the outlet pipes of catchbasins, are my outlet pipes correctly delivering the pipe flow to the next pond?

___
Craig T. Bailey, PE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As a general rule, you want to avoid a "double allowance" for any flow segment. You can handle some flow segments as part of the Tc, OR as a separate routing operation, but you should not do both for the same segment. For details on these options please see
Also, try to keep the model as simple as possible in order to meet your specific analysis objectives. Don't include components that don't need to be in the model. For general guidelines please see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back