Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCA & CCA pessure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostafaelec86

Petroleum
Feb 17, 2016
EG
higuys whats up

am a FSE and monitoring a well with ESP at a new compmany that use guage from measureng TCA & CCA prssure

first its my first time to deal with both parameters so can any one help me to undertnad them how they are calculated and what is the important of them and how they affect my pump performance and if there is any papers i can read to understand more.

secnd thing TCA was about 887 psi and WHP was 416 psi and Casing presure was 400 psi ,,,suddeny TCA value became -3.2 psi and WHP DEC TO 254 PSI AND casing PRESSURE Become 900 psi,,,,is that danger on pump ?

your help is higly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please don't assume everyone is familiar with your abbreviations. Also wells can be completed and operated in many ways.

Explain both a bit more, but changes like you've described don't sound good.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

sir

as i menioned above ,,at the well starting TCA was 800 psi and in a aweek it raised to 886 psi. during tis week Casing pressure remained 400 psi and CCA remained -1.2 psi. Production was decreasing but ampere was constant,,WHP WAS bout 417 psi with 50% CHOKE. ALL SURFACE GUAUGE ARE CONTROLLED BY Scada by the client i have no accese to change it from the well i jut inform them by phone.

from 3 days ago TCA dec to negative value -1.2 then to -3.2 PSI ,, WHP dec to 357 then 302 then 254 psi in 3 days,,choce in cto 60 % and production started to inc .

now y you say it doesnt sound good can you explain more?

What is TCA and CCA? Full names please.

Big changes like you describe are normally not a good sign, but this remains a very confusing set of data

First of all you need to gat a P&ID to find out what and where these instruments are measuring before you can understand what they are telling you.

Tubing is normally the inner tube, casing is an outer tube and annulus the gap between. Hence "Tubing casing annulus" makes no sense to me.

Needs a drawing or diagram of your system to try and make some sort of sense of this I'm afraid

Then I'm not sure how we can help if you can't even tell us what pressure it is you're actually measuring or how and where the flow paths are going.

Did someone perhaps vent down a casing or annulus which has no flowing fluid??

Get the P &ID and a description of flow before you go anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back