Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCL Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duece

Mechanical
Jun 26, 2004
US
Since UGS/GTAC does not actively support TCL or train in it beyond the bit they show you in the post builder course.

Does anyone know where there is training and/or tutorials avaiable?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes I have.

It was a good course for getting to know how to use the Post Builder but what they touch on for TCL is really just enough to modify existing code. I feel it did not offer the depth that it appears is needed to really customize things the way I want and need.

I did it the hard way downloaded the tcl tk software and then used the help menu to get to know the language. Funny is that what you learn from the books is most of the time not exactly applicable to the UG variant. There are some small differences.

You can download the open source tcl variant at for the help files. In combination with the review tool or post builder you can find out what the variable names are and when they are declared by what particular procedure. If you use an editor that recognises tcl/tk that will help too for instance crimson (freeware) or ultra-edit(have to pay a small amount).

jelmerra,

I know of what you speak. I am in the middle of doing it in this manner. I have Brent Welch's Practical Programming in TCL and TK, O'Reilly TCL/TK Pocket Reference as well as TCL/TK for Dummies. I was just curious if there is something out there a little more structured than doing it in this manner.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back