Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TeamCenter question, viewing NX Part Attubutes 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADMANSOUTH

Mechanical
Aug 2, 2006
US
Hi
I have a TeamCenter question. We have a UGMASTER and in NX we open the part and can see the NX Part Attubutes.
Is there a way to see the Part Attubutes from the Teamcenter navigator without opening NX?

I am using Teancenter (8 8.3.3.8 (20120408.00))
Teamcenter rich client
NX 6.0.5.3 MP8, 19Jul11

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends on what attributes you want to see in Teamcenter. If there are specific attributes to be exposed to Tc then you need to create new attributes in Tc and using mapping file map the NX attributes to respective field in Tc.

As noted it's a matter of mapping what attributes should be synchronized between NX and Teamcenter.
When setting up the mapping you can define if these attributes should be writable in Teamcenter Only, NX only or both.

When this is done, you can see/ change the attributes on the "form" in Teamcenter. ( dependent on how this have been done in TC and what version of TC.)

Regards,
Tomas

Hi Mukundh and Tomas
I cannot create new forms or map attributes so I'm out of luck. I will need to open the NX parts and try asking our TC support group.
Thanks though I have been looking and looking trying to find the values in the TC navigator. Now can stop wasting my time looking.

Setting up the mapping between NX and TC is a task for your TC support group and nothing that is done locally. It's a "global" setting for the teamcenter install. You on the other hand should be part in defining the requirements.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back