Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Technical Bid evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1987

Mechanical
Oct 5, 2012
IT
Dear Sirs,

i have to do several technical bid evaluation for gear, canned and reciprocating type pumps.
Could you give me an excel file for example of a technical bid comparison / evaluation for those pumps type?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What kind of service are you looking at that would compare a gear pump and a canned (motor or VTP??) pump?? PD vs. Centrifugal?? Not sure an Excel file is going to do the trick.

Can you tell us anything about the service and why these totally different style pumps are being considered for same?

The way I read the post, I think the OP is spreading several pumps, and each spread is comparing like pumps with like pumps, not necessarily spreading different pump types against each other on one spread.

Dear DubMac

before answering please read carefully. if I was not able to explain properly, let me note!

i have to do a technical bid evaluation for 5 gear pumps, 5 canned and 5 reciprocating pumps.
For 5 gear: what are the parameters to consider in the process of tabulation and what I have to compare?I ask for information to the seller: I want the pump made ​​in this way. He gives me the pump made ​​it this way.

For 5 canned: what are the parameters to consider in the process of tabulation and what I have to compare?I ask for information to the seller: I want the pump made ​​in this way. He gives me the pump made ​​it this way.

For 5 reciprocating pumps: what are the parameters to consider in the process of tabulation and what I have to compare?I ask for information to the seller: I want the pump made ​​in this way. He gives me the pump made ​​it this way.

Regards

Basically, you need to take out of your data sheet or ITT the key data you need to be confirmed / supplied.

This would include:
design code, material offered, size, weight, pump duty, compliance with specification, motor size and duty, voltage, pulsation limit, no of pistons, where it is built, testing included, etc.

You can only evaluate what info you have requested. Some will be data, some included or not included.

If you had a requirement, list that in the first column.

My motto: Learn something new every day

Also: There's usually a good reason why everyone does it that way

I understand you work on engineering company or project area and you have different 03 pumps packages.
Pump packages are not for the same services.
But when you define this bid, did you define technical evaluation method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back