Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Technical Magazines / Manuals for Electrical Engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photocell

Electrical
Mar 31, 2004
PK
Hi

I m trying to select some technical magazines and manuals for our electric department. Can somebody help me in the selection.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is your business (commercial, industrial, utility)? What voltage and KVA levels are you working with?

We are an oil plant. Our working voltage levels are 11kV, 3.3kV and 415 V 50 Hz. 20.38 kW x 3 Generating units.

I am U.S. based so I don't know if these will be of any help to you are not. The magazines I would recommend are:
EC&M (Electrical Construction and Maintenance)
Transmission and Distribution World

NEC Digest

I would recommend the IEEE Color Book series, especially the Red Book which is the "Recommended Practice for Electric Power Distribution for Industrial Plants"

I would also recommend the NEC Handbook because it provides many illustrations on how to install equipment correctly.

Also, the IEEE Industry Applications Magazine. Subscription comes with Society membership.

And Electrical Construction & Maintenance,

If you are involved in electric motor issues, another good paper magazine (not available on-line yet) is Electrical Apparatus, the magazine for the motor rewinding industry. Although oriented towards the North American market, it is a great resource for many motor and transformer issues even if you are a user instead of a service shop.

Along those line, you can view the EASA (Elec. Apparatus Service Assoc.) website for additional resources and links.

"Venditori de oleum-vipera non vigere excordis populi"

This is an excellent magazine for buildings and commercial systems, although it covers a broad range of engineering and construction topics. It has frequent articles on electrical topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back