Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

TEKLA Steel Shop Drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrGuru

Structural
Jan 21, 2021
US
Does anyone know the rough cost (range) of TEKLA 3D steel frame shop drawings for a say "standard" building (not very complex, rectangular grid, say 150,000 sqft)? Either per tonne or as a % of the steel contract. I have seen some claim the cost is 6-8% (even up to 10%) of the steel package contract, but this looks very high to me. Others have mentioned $60-$100 per tonne, which appears very low. Any help is much appreciated. Many thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am very interested in knowing as well. I am not sure, but what country/area are you in?

I believe that will affect it unless you're offshoring to places like India and Malaysia.

I don't think you will find a good answer to this question as you have already found. It will depend heavily on your market. Pricing projects without the misc steel is largely pointless unless that is a different trade. Stairs, railings and all those parts are very time consuming for so many reasons. The other factor is the quality of the EOR dwgs. Some are excellent, some result in endless RFI's, and some are incredibly difficult to work with. That adds tons of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back