Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephony circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luan2002

Electrical
Jul 31, 2002
US
Dear experts,

I am working on the telephone project. I am searching for the basic telephone circuit. Please advise me what website to seach for.

I am appreciated for all your help!

Have a great day!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no such thing as "...the basic telephone circuit..", insofar as there is no engineering standard of that title, nor pervasive enough real-world implementation to warrant use of the singular, royal, "the".
(What's that that's been said about the "tyranny of the or, vs. the magic of the and"?)

Folderol aside, if what you're talking about is the classic analog tip & ring, or common RJ-11 pinouts, etc. search blackbox.com, or look in one of their catalogs.

If, on the other extreme, you ARE looking for specs, and are asking about say, the designed-in attenuation-driven distance limitations for a four-wire 4 kHz ground-start copper voice trunk, or a four-wire copper T-1, then I recommend a general web search, a visit to whatis.com to surf their links, or ..........

...the addition of detail to your original request in order to make it easier for your fellow users of this site to better understand what you're in specific need of.

To mainepepmp,

Thanks for reply. What I want to understand is more than tip and ring and RJ11. I really want to know how to build a telephone from scrap. The project I am working on right now is designing something that will connect inside the telephone. That's why i have to learn the basic telephone circuits. I don't know what to request for except the schematics of the phone. I guess that's all I need to start my project. Hope I make myself clear with everyone in this forum.

Please advise,

Thanks in advance....Luan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back