Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temp Adhesives for Traffic Reflectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

piledrvr

Civil/Environmental
Feb 1, 2005
US
I'm working on a project in SW Washington state. We just finished a new bridge and will be switching traffic onto it this summer. The problem I have is that the traffic switch puts both directions of I-5 on the bridge for this next stage of construction. This is only temporary and is not the permanent configuration. We don't want to paint the lane lines on the new bridge deck as that would force us to either grind or sandblast the paint off later. I was thinking about glueing reflectors to the deck but need some kind of adhesive that can be removed fairly easily later on without marring the finish surface. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have used 3M Wet Reflective Removable tape for situations where a temporary marking is needed. If it is put down in dry weather and doesn't have traffic tracking across it it has performed well.

Our only attempt to use raised markers as a temporary marking failed because traffic crossing over the RPMs when changing lanes crushed the markers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back