temperature change and CRN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wydim

Mechanical
May 29, 2018
CA
Hello all,

I've obtained a CRN (Canadian Registration Number) for a pressure vessel. The design temp is 140°F.
we have yet to start fabrication of the vessel.
Now the client asks us to change the temperature rating to 180°F.
do I need to request a change with the Inspetion Agency (to resubmit all the calcs and updated, sealed drawing (effectively just a nameplate change)) ?
or can I just make the changes internally and make a revision B drawing and write it on the U-1A data report : ''final drawing XXXXXXXXXX rev B''
as you imagine, this temperature change doesn't change anything other than the number on the nameplate.

regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Technically yes as the CRN is registered with an associated MAWP @ temp. Even though you could probably go to 400F without any real design changes.
Best thing is to get in touch with the AIA and see what they would like.

Yes, if you are increasing the design temperature you need to request a change request to the relevant jurisdiction(s) with the updated calculations, drawings, and application paperwork.

thank you !
as you said, I've got confirmation by our AI to submit a revision request for the CRN for the temperature change.
It's funny, as soon as you tell the client that there are fees for that change, the temp rating at 140°F is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back