Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temporary Bridge Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchhwyman

Civil/Environmental
Dec 10, 2004
US
I am designing an onsite detour for a project in central NY. The detour will require a temporary bridge with a span of 130', a curb-to-curb width of 42', a skew of 30 degrees, and a pedestrian walkway on one side. HS-20 loading. I have looked all around and spoken to representatives from Acrow, Mabey, and Big R but I cannot find anyone who can supply such a structure. Either it is too wide or they can't do skew, etc. If anyone could give me the name of a company that might be able to provide such a structure, it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sketchhwyman,
Are you wanting this " Off the shelf" or in 6 months time ?
Surely someone will build you a Meccano kit ?
Whats your budget ?
Cheers CM

The time frame is probably about 4-6 months from now. The client is the state DOT, and as you may guess the budget is as cheaply as you can do it (within parameters). I'm trying to provide them with a reasonable cost estimate before it goes out to bid. I have not been able to find a suitable prefab. bridge that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back