Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text in solidworks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyedol

Electrical
Jul 31, 2006
US
Is there any way to insert text as a sketch in solidworks? I'm trying to do this as I want to export as an stl and then into some CAM software for cnc toolpaths. I'm trying to accomplish some engraving here. Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sure. It's under "Insert->Sketch Entities" or "Insert->Sketch Tools". I can never remember which things are under entities and which are under tools.

However, it sounds like you may be looking for single-line, no thickness fonts. These have been discussed before on this forum.

I'm a waste of bandwidth aren't I...

I swear I looked through the help and menus and did not see it. Thanks a lot for the help.

Dude... You're such a WOB... [lol]
I think we have a new acronym.

Windows XP / Logitech "Premium" Optical mouse
SolidWorks 2006 SP4.1 / SpaceBall 5000
Lava Lamp
www.Tate3d.com

Another stupid question. I won't start a new thread.

I'm in assembly mode trying to use the hole wizard on a 1/8" inch plate(in editing mode) and I'm trying to line these up with a part already in the assembly. Is there any way to do this? The position tab of the hole wizard just ignores everything outside the current part being edited. Any ideas?

It's actually preferable to start a new thread for a new & unrelated question. It makes it easier to find later on when someone else asks another stupid .. uh .. I mean similar question. [smile] (just kidding).

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back