Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Justification 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

macduff

Mechanical
Dec 7, 2003
US
I'm working on a disclosure statement for our title blocks and wondering if I could "Justify" the text? I create a piece of text, but only see "Align Left", "Center" and "Align Right", but no "Justify". MS Word has these options as well as Acad. Am I missing somthing, or you folks have any ideas to do this?

Thanks,

Colin

Macduff [spin]
Colin Fitzpatrick
Mechanical Design Engineer
Solidworks 2006 SP 4.1
Dell 380 XP Pro SP 2
nVida Quadro FX 3450/4000

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If no one comes up with a way to do it directly in SolidWorks, you could try this:

Create the justified text in ACAD or DWGEditor, save it as a DXF and import it into your title block.

Similarly you could make it in Word, convert it to a pdf and import it into your title block

Eric

The only time I have missed the justification from ACAD is when using notes with leaders. Can't imagine how that would apply with text on a drawing border. What else would you need besides Align Left, Center, Align Right?

Leader attachment points/justification in ACAD:

Top Left
Middle Left
Bottom Left
Top Center
Middle Center
Bottom Center
Top Right
Middle Right
Bottom Right

Flores
SW06 SP4.1

Scott,
Justification is "left", "center", "right" or "justify" in MS Word, Acad or other software.

EEnd,
I'll give it a try and let ya know what I come up with. Thanks for the idea.

Macduff [spin]
Colin Fitzpatrick
Solidworks 2006 SP 4.1
Dell 380 XP Pro SP 2

"Justify" is if you were to have an imagery box or textbox as we call it around the text, and the text goes from top to bottom, side to side fitted within that textbox.

Make sense?

Macduff [spin]
Colin Fitzpatrick
Solidworks 2006 SP 4.1
Dell 380 XP Pro SP 2

EEnd,
Thanks for the tip. I created what I need in MS Word using a textbox and "Justify". I was able to cut and paste it right into SW. Can't edit it, but that's ok.

Macduff [spin]
Colin Fitzpatrick
Solidworks 2006 SP 4.1
Dell 380 XP Pro SP 2

Macduff,

Were you trying to use a note in the title block? If so, type out what you want it to say. Then while you are in the mode where you can type in the box, you should be able to grab the little red dots in the corner of the text box and resize it to what you want, and justification of the text should be within the options in the property window for the note.

If you are trying to do it some other way, please let me know what you are trying to do.

Michael Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back