Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The affect of annealing on Permeability

Status
Not open for further replies.

cativo

Aerospace
Aug 11, 2010
US
Does anyone have any quantitative data on how annealing affects permeability for low carbon steels? Perhaps some B-H curves before and after annealing? I'd like to get an idea of how much is to be gained by annealing.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do a search within this forum using anneal as the search term, I found 69 results. Not all of them will apply exactly to your question, but it should help.

I have some sample data for 12L14 that the maximum permeability increased by a factor of 2.4. The effect of the annealing is going to vary tremendously depending on the condition of the unannealed material. In my case I think it was cold drawn bar so heavily cold worked.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Thanks for the information. Yeah, right now our material core specification calls out QQ-S-637, which is a Cold Finish spec. I would assume cold finishing without annealing would substantially reduce permeability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back