Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The problem of transmitter! Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your link doesn't say anything about your question.

Please provide more details or this looks like an advert

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

I'm sorry to trouble you. My link is about similar transmitters.
Making a guess here:
Could it be that the output is jumping around because that’s what the pressure of the fluid is doing? Many kinds of pumps can add pressure variations as they rotate or reciprocate, or whatever.
Maybe all that is needed is a low-pass filter somewhere — in the fluid feed to the transducer, in the electrical signal from transducer to A-D, or maybe software on the digitized signal, depending on the actual situation.
I don’t know the specific situation either. This was asked by a friend from abroad, and I haven’t figured it out yet.
Or a transmitter like this:<a href=" Transmitter</a>

Any of the major industrial 'smart' pressure transmitters have a 'damping' parameter that averages input values to damp process noise/variations.

Link

Yangminglin,

You need to present a proper post here.

1)How exactly is the pressure being used to determine flow? (DP across an orifice plate? or DP across a pump and then working flow from the pump curve?
2) what exactly is the issue? Pressure readings fluctuating or pressure readings going to a max figure then no more? Very unclear.
3) What investigations / conversations with operators, designers and vendors have you had?
4) what exactly is your question or request for information?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back