The "piping Guide" is back. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBreen

Mechanical
Jul 24, 2002
US
Hello All,

Over the years we olde piping guys have been asked on this forum to list the books that we believe "every piping engineer" should have on their bookshelf (our past discussions can be found by using the "search facility" up in the top of this page). Too many times we have had to comment that some of the best of these publications have gone out of print (for example the "Kellogg Book").

Sometimes very good things happen. The Classic volume "The Piping Guide" is back and is now being reprinted by "Construction Trades Press". This is the original book by D.J. Whistance and D.R. Sherwood that always makes my "must have" list when I am asked. Here is where I found the resurrected "Piping Guide".

Regards, John.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Caution, for many users it is a waste of money to purchase the “Piping Guide CD.” It does not work on many of our company’s laptops and some of our desktops. All of the computers that do not run the CD have operating systems that are claimed to be compatible with the HexaLock system. This is a case of a good product made bad by the HexaLock security system.

Currently, the computer I am working on gives the message, ” HCPS Loader has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience” when trying to read the Piping Guide CD. Another simply locks ups the OS when trying to open the “Piping Guide CD.” HexaLock protected CDs do not work on many computers and operating systems even though they claim to.

So purchase the book, it is guaranteed to work; however, it is not as convenient for field work to carry around a hard bound book compared to a CD that works. In this case, do not count on the “Piping Guide CD” to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back