Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The rule P=F/A Goes fail on Fluid in centrifugal pump why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

preetyprince

Mechanical
Oct 31, 2010
IN
hii mech engineers
today i want to ask about pressure in centrifugal pump. as we knw the equation of pressure is P=F/A where
f=force
A=area
P=pressure its clear?

k now if we tale fluid passing through centrifugal pump then we knw fluid is incompressible so when fluid enters from inlet and enters in conversoin area section in casing of pump where fluid is in compressible so it trys to rush quickly from that area meas it increases velocity of fluid not a pressure. now in casing where diversion section the fluid pasees then its pressure increases, u noticed here as area increse the pressure of fluid increases..... why it happend i not got where as per pressure equartion i said as area decrese the pressure increses, but in this case in not happening why???

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Force increase due to fluid acceleration. F=ma
Force increases at a greater rate than the area increases. Therefore, pressure increases.

Ted

I have 20 years of hydraulic system experience and 5 years experience designing centrifugal water pumps...

I have read the question over and over again and still I do not know what is being asked..?

Can anyone translate..?

Cheers

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back