Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

The truth about co2 reduction in practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, but I don't think that's fine. I think we all need to adjust our life styles as we see fit to temper our impact on the environment. I think you have yourself, by adopting solar power (or so I understand from your posts).

There are some things the government can force on us (like taxes), and some things it can encourage (like subsidies).

It becomes a problem (in my mind) if the government forces us to do things we don't want to, or worst if collective governments (like the European parliament, or maybe the UN ... yes, I know the UN can't force governments ... yet) force our government to do things which we don't want.

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

GregLocock said:
It's fine if it doesn't change your lifestyle (which I must admit is pretty much my attitude)

Which makes as much sense as people being all for dieting, so long as it doesn't involve them eating less.

Tomfh said:
Which makes as much sense as people being all for dieting, so long as it doesn't involve them eating less.

It's worse than that. They want us to eat more today so we weigh less tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back