Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The two-arm spirals

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessicaSimpson

Mechanical
Jan 5, 2011
US
Hi, I am trying draw a two-arm spirals with varied slit width shows below. But I'm a new comer to SW and have no idea how to draw it.

Are there any method on this subject? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Jessica Simpon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jessica,

1. Are you trying to model a part or an assembly?
2. Is this spiral flat (planar) or does the spiral grow in diameter as it progresses down an axis?

I suggest you look in the Help for Helix and Spiral to learn how to do this. It really isn't hard. (Hint: Make one spiral and then use a circular pattern to make the second one.)

- - -Updraft

I don't think SW is going to draw this exact profile automatically with helix/spiral. What you have pictured has a variable (increasing) pitch spiral. Helix/spiral in SW only draws a fixed pitch spiral.

you can get the increase in the profile width by creating two spirals with different pitch on the same base circle and closing the ends, but the gap between the profile rotations gets smaller (from center to outside) not larger as with your picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back