Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thermistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigIanH

Electrical
Nov 4, 2008
GB
Hello,

Can anyone recommend me a decent (and as inexpensive as possible) module to convert a thermistor output to either 4-20mA or 0-10v?
The unit would be preferably a din rail mounting.

Cheers

Ian

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A simple Google search turned up several. Please look for the answer first before posting a question.

xnuke
"Live and act within the limit of your knowledge and keep expanding it to the limit of your life." Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

I realise there are items on the market out there,I was merely asking for a recommendation for a reliable and cost effective unit, that is why I used the word "recommend",but don't bother yourself!

I thought the whole point of this site was advice....?

thanks anyway

BigIanH,

If you wanted the kind of advice you were looking for, you needed to ask a more specific question. For example, you could have said "I found the following products are available for this task, does anyone have any feedback for me on any of these, or can anyone recommend one of them?" Instead, you asked a really general question which could have been, and was, interpreted to mean you didn't do your due diligence looking for a product. The point of this site is advice, not to get someone to do your work for you. Unfortunately, there are many lazy people who post here before looking for the answers themselves. I'm glad to know you aren't one of them.

xnuke
"Live and act within the limit of your knowledge and keep expanding it to the limit of your life." Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Thanks guys, help always appreciated.
I think we will go with the Phoenix Contact unit as we already use their EPO relays and have a supplier.
Thanks again.

Xnuke, point taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back