Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thermo-oxidizer load preliminar sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG Chem

Chemical
Mar 13, 2017
BR
I've been tasked at doing a conceptual project of a thermo-oxidizer as a site-wide final hidrocarbons treatment.
The question is about the contaminants flowrate to consider for preliminary sizing of the heating and exhausting units for budgeting purposes.
I intend using Toluene to model this polutant load, since it's the most commom polutant in our gas emissions (other commonly handled materials also have similar behaviour and volatilities).
I would use transfer pump flowrates to determine total displaced flows to the scrubbing system to model tanks emissions and despressurization through a fully oppened vent valve for process reactors emissions. In both cases, i would use a simple Raoult-Dalton equation to determine the amount of Toluene in those flows.
Do you think that this aproach will give reliable enough data of flammable polutants load for equipment sizing or am i missing something important here?
Please, feel free to share your experiences and/or materials regarding thermo-oxidizers, as i will probably have to deal with other aspects of this equipment sizing in the near future.

Thank you all in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back