Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thermocompressor design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak11

Petroleum
Jun 16, 2014
CZ
Hello, I am currently providing client with preliminary idea of thermocompressor installation in order to produce 16 barg steam from 8 barg and 43 barg steams. I was trying to find some general calculation procedure to determine the amount of 8 barg and 43 barg steam. In Perry I found a chart for sizing of ejector, however, my "case" is off the chart. Can anyone help with some calculation spredsheet oo procedure for thermocompressor design and flowrates calculation of low and high pressure steam?
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Designing an ejector from a "chart in Perry's" is really a good way to throw good money after bad. The program I use for thermocompressor design is upwards of 10,000 lines of FORTRAN code. Don't think that I could just toss that into a spreadsheet for you.

For general sizing I use a rule of 2's. It takes twice as much mass flow rate of power gas as you can move from the suction side. The exhaust pressure cannot be more than twice the suction pressure. The exhaust pressure cannot be more than half power gas pressure. So by this rule 9 bara suction into 17 bara discharge is about right. 44 bara power gas into 17 bara exhaust is a bit much, but probably doable (the extra pressure must be accommodated in the throat design).

David Simpson, PE
MuleShoe Engineering

Law is the common force organized to act as an obstacle of injustice Frédéric Bastiat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back