Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thick lines for PDF export 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

heythere

Aerospace
Dec 27, 2016
US
NX 10... No matter what settings I play around with in the export PDF menu, the result is the same. My dimension lines are just as thick as the part geometry, and it is very hard to discern what is what. Is this an environment setting I should have changed before I got started? Why doesnt changing the "widths" dropdown in the PDF export menu seem to have any effect at all? Info, or a previous thread would be great thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

All you PDF line width settings are in you Customer Defaults.

You'll find them in PDF Export under the Widths tab.

Also remember to check in both the Site & User defaults.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."

@heythere, I've attached a video (mp4 that has been 7zipped) that shows an example I created, that should hopefully explain how to get what you're after.

In my example there is a difference between the dimension & model curves but only slight when exporting with Standard Widths.
You can use Custom Widths, but then you need to understand what width your objects are compared to what the width number is in the Widths dialog.
The issue with doing that will be that if objects are the same width (i.e model curves and dimension) the output will be the same in the PDF.

A better option would be to use colours via Custom Palette, if you have the dimensions a different colour from the model, the Custom Palette option can be easier to set widths.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX11 with almost every MR (24versions)

Great video Anthony
good tip to use the view-visible line setting to override the model thickness.
Especially in assemblies I have struggled in the past when not all components have the same width set ( our current templates are set to "original")

Since you seems to be quite knowledgeable on the subject , would you mind reviewing my earlier thread ( )
It has had no replies yet :-/

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back