IQ
Hi,
Please find the attached image:
Capture_cudpau.png

I'm not aware how this could be solved.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So, you can't compare lambda _w directly to lambda_pw directly, because mathcad doesn't know which value in lambda_w (your vector) to lambda_pw (a scaler).

I imagine that line would work if you did the "vectorization" operator, as per your other thread. In the "Math" tab of the ribbon, click on "Operators" (has a cube root symbol on my version of mathcad), and at the bottom of the drop-down are the Vector and Matrix operators. The one you're looking for is a "V" with an arrow above it.

Make sure to highlight " lambda_w <= lambda_pw " and the apply the operator. Let us know if that fixes your problem.

winelandv said:
I imagine that line would work if you did the "vectorization" operator, as per your other thread. In the "Math" tab of the ribbon, click on "Operators" (has a cube root symbol on my version of mathcad), and at the bottom of the drop-down are the Vector and Matrix operators. The one you're looking for is a "V" with an arrow above it.

Make sure to highlight " lambda_w <= lambda_pw " and the apply the operator. Let us know if that fixes your problem.
Please find the attached image:
Capture_slf04w.png

I'm sorry, but that doesn't fix the problem.
If you note the right side of the image, the comparison is OK. But when dealing with If statement, the problem comes.

If you stop and think about it, the example you show is actually a programmatic behavior embedded within the "=" functionality, but a program, as shown on the left side, does not use that functionality and must be explicitly programmed for it.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

IRstuff said:
the example you show is actually a programmatic behavior embedded within the "=" functionality, but a program, as shown on the left side, does not use that functionality and must be explicitly programmed for it.
I tried several tricks but I couldn't catch this.
I removed the lower two If statements.
I tried with other comparison operators.
I tried also If and else statement instead of lower two If statements.
I tried If( , , , , , ) statement.
But with no success.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

IRstuff said:
If you stop and think about it, the example you show is actually a programmatic behavior embedded within the "=" functionality, but a program, as shown on the left side, does not use that functionality and must be explicitly programmed for it.
Hi,
I know you have so many contribution in PTC Mathcad. So, I hope you be able to give a solution for this problem.

If I'm reading the flow of your program correctly, aren't you checking the compact limit before you check the non-compact limit? If so, you don't need to check if lambda_f is greater than the compact limit. Try and remove the "lambda_pf <" from that line and see if it gets it moving.

you use the i designation to define the function but none of the parameters have an i attributed to them. your lambda_rf should have an i and the i must be defined for the appropriate range.

Hi, structSU10
Your help is highly appreciated and accepted as solution.
P.S., By accepted as solution, I mean I tried your approach and the problem is solved.

Now another thought came into mind. Please find the attached image:
Screenshot_2022-06-24_111057_oiuejj.png

Is there any way combining these two steps into one step when calculating R_pc2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back