Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thread380-361460 Hi LaserNinja,

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGP_1967

Industrial
Oct 11, 2016
IN
thread380-361460

Hi LaserNinja,

You mentioned FLUKE meter to measure the Laser power at FANUC Intermediate board.

Can you please provide the Model no of FLUKE meter to be used....?

thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks LaserNinja,

I am in a situation on Muratec Centrum C3000 ( Fanuc C2000 B ) Hybrid machine.
The Laser resonator was kept Idle for last 8 months or so.....just because client did not know how to operate.
when I checked ....and started the resonator ....came up to 1200 W ...throwing the " Mirror Cleaning " alarm.
Did the resonator maintenance ....found the Rear Mirror , Output Coupler & one Folding Mirror....color distortion..needs replacement.

however tried to clean as far as possible and started the resonator....purging , leak test , aging done....adjusted the peak power to obtain 1400 W ....still the " Mirror Cleaning" alarm exists.....obvious...!

The main problem is....when Laser Sequence 30 (LSTR) is Ready.....the Laser power is 150~200.....and the tubes are also ignited ..say about 15 to 20% . To my knowledge Laser power at LSTR should be "0"....STAND BY ......your comment.

now the problem is ....just because the laser power is 150~200.....when i open the shutter the beam is OUT....this is dangerous.

At Sequence the DGN is as follows
904 GAS PRES. CONTROL -- 2069
905 LASER TUBE PRES. -- 690
906 LASER POWER -- 155
907 TRACE DATA -- -7744
908 LASER SEQUENCE -- 30

So...this is the issue....what exactly is causing the power not to become ZERO.
how to overcome this situation....

your expert guidance is valuable and awaited.

thanks.

I haven't had any coffee yet so forgive me. I will try to help out more later. It really sounds like your gas bottle went bad. Is it possible it get another, purge the heck out of the machine and try it again?

Your Base Discharge is too high, if you have the Fanuc manual adjustment procedure is in there. Our Manual is B-70125EN/03 Section 9. Basically after you setup the parameters you adjust VR11 with 0 power commanded until discharge stops then back off until it just blinks on. You may trip breakers if you are too aggressive with adjustments. We just decommissioned a C2000 so if you ever need matched RF and DC units, hit me up, I think I could get owner to part with them much cheaper than fanuc or PLCCenter. i.fix.stuff at live. I don't make commision, just tired of the laser just taking up space.

"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me"

As far as your Mirror Cleaning, I think you are getting that because you are low on power, are all your lanes firing? have some been disabled? if they have been because of RF/DC units, then you wont be able to get that message to go away. Been a while since I worked on this machine, but pretty sure this is correct. I used to have to spend a couple of hours to tune the RF/DC units to stop tripping breakers. Sometimes they are just bad. If adjusted wrong they can trip.

"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back