thread71-467441

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Alcino

Mechanical
Mar 19, 2023
AO
thread71-467441
I am a Mechanical maintenance technician at CT Txicumina, whose generator set is a GE 16V228 2.8MW model, unfortunately during the construction of the same plant the technicians who were in charge of the assembly ended up taking away all the documents about the same Generator Sets, and since then we have been working without a maintenance and operation plan recommended by the manufacturer due to the fact that we do not have the proper documents for the same Generator Sets, we have based ourselves solely on the manual for the 12 Cylinder Sets, where there is not even a maintenance plan, diagrams of connections and much more. I really appreciate it if anyone has any files related to these Generators, please contact me via my email: alcinoabreu@hotmail.com
Thank you for your attention

You should be able to assemble those documents from the manufacturers.

I suspect you have found the manufacturer recommendations to be unacceptable in terms of cost and downtime and want operator's recommendations?

The plant in question was built by two different companies, in the first instance the company that started the construction process set up the generators on the proper bases, but the company that hired it did not honor the commitments of the contract, and unfortunately they (the contracted company ) were furious with the end of the contract and ended up taking all the documents concerning the same Generator Sets, in turn the parent company ended up hiring a new company to finish the plant, they honored the commitment that was to finish the plant, but unfortunately nor did they possess the documents of the same groups. After this process, we worked with the same company for a while without documents, carrying out operations and maintenance without the manufacturer's recommendations, because we have no documents. I've already researched some documents, but so far without success. During one of the searches I was redirected to this site and saw a publication related to the Generator Sets that we use at the Central, which is why I entered this publication so that I could find someone else who has a document.

Thank you for the document, this one I already had, and it has some different specifications, such as the number of cylinders and power, and there are some gaps that are not specified in this manual. Which is why I really need a manual with the 16V228 specifications.

You need to call GE. They are going to be the only source. We aren't going to be able to give you these documents for free.

Ah, a contractual dispute eh. That could seriously muddy the waters as GE may not have been fully paid. Or recognise you as the rightful owner / operator.

At that size fo machine you really need the specific manuals, diagrams and maintenance schedules I think so time to call GE. It might take some time to get to the right person.... And find out how much they want.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back