Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

three point bending experimental data vs simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aminpd

Nov 24, 2020
DE
Hello everyone,

I am working on a simulation of three point bending using ABAQUS. I used Johnson-Cook hardening model. In the experiment i rectangular steel bar was bent and afterwards unbent and the Force-Displacement(F-D) data was extracted. There were no strain gauges on the specimens therefore the strains should be calculated analytically. The goal is to compare the experimental data with the simulation to modify the hardening model.
I am interested in the converting the Force-Displacement(F-D) curve into Stress-Strain(S-S) curves in Three-Point-Bending tests. My problem is that the Stress equations mentioned in Some papers (one is attached in this Post) do not work in the plastic regime but somehow the S-S curves were calculated and it looks like that they are simply are a scaled form of F-D curves. The other problem is to calculate the residual stress for the unbending part, which I could not find useful resources to deal with it.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=39d9d5cb-f561-432e-b07d-d
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back