Three winding transformer regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

power2020

Electrical
Aug 18, 2005
AE
Dear Folks,

I am looking for an AVR, which can able to regulate the voltages at both secondaries of three winding transformer. OLTC is located on primary winding of the transformer

If such AVR available, please suggest me.

Advanced thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Unless I'm missing something, you can't regulate the two secondaries independently with only one OLTC on the primary. Given that, why wouldn't any AVR work by monitoring one of the secondaries?

If three winding transformer is loaded differently in two secondaries, the unregulated secondary winding voltages cannot be managed with OLTC.
If, both PT and CT of both secondaries are connected to AVR, and AVR is programmed such that it should choose optimum tap position for both secondary windings regulation. If there is huge load difference in both secondaries and optimum tap position cannot be choosen, then AVR should regulate preferenced secondary winding voltage.

The Supertapp systems designed by Fundamentals and sold by Reyrolle Protection (Siemens)should do the job. It uses voltage averaging from VT's on the two secondaries. There are technical papers and further details on the Reyrolle Protection website.
Regards
Marmite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back