Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Title Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJMemphis

Mechanical
Aug 22, 2013
GB
Hi all,

I have just created a title block and border and wanted to know if there was a way to lock title block into position so that it cant be moved?

I know i could just set it to a layer and make that layer 'visible only' but i still want the function of just double clicking on it to make the changes. Is this possible, can i associate and lock it to the border some how?

Any and all help will be appreciated :)

Thanks

James

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

what changes do you want to make? if all it is is text changes, put it on a visible only layer and fill the titleblock out using attributes in the properties dialog. not sure on this but i think it would also be possible to use the new titleblock dialog to fill out the fields if it's on a visible ony layer as well.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX9 with almost every MR (18versions) plus the NX10 Beta

Thanks PheoNX, yeah i thought that too but i put it into my background layer and turned it to visible only and cant select it anymore. I can go into properties/attributes to modify it or even go to 'Tools-Drawing Format-Populate Title Block' but just wanted to still double click it without any fear of accidentally moving it. Its not a problem for me but its being rolled out across the company and you need to make these things fool proof don't you haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back