Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

To Purge the Assembly which is referenced 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjaz

Mechanical
Apr 2, 2013
IN
I am suppose to Purge the previous versions of a Assembly in I-deas tdm.

The latest version is 7.

When i try to purge , I a recieving an error message like "Assembly has dependent relationship" .
I gone through the cause of this error and finaly find the one user referenced this assembly and deleted the model file (mf1) in improper manner.

Now, is it possible to remove that dependency and purge the assembly.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I mean this- "The assembly remain in the model file in reference status; But he deleted the model file from the operating system directly"

My understanding Proper way is that we should Open I-deas ->File-> Delete -->CHoose the mf1 file need to be deleted.

I think this might be the reason (deleting directly from compute folder) might be the reason for that "Assembly has dependent relationship" error.

Is there any other possibilit for this error.?

Please help me to fix this issue and purge the assembly.

Lot of thanks in advance.

I-Deas has no way of knowing you've deleted the modelfile at the OS level, I-Deas still thinks it exists, it's still in the TDM database. Yes delete it from the database with File / Delete (with a different modelfile current) or from the I-Deas startup form - Choose Project / Modelfile Name / Find / Modify Mode / pick modelfile / Actions / Delete.

If you still can't purge the old assy version it may be used in another assembly or on a drawing.

If it still won't purge you might need to clean the database with dmadmin.

Check the MF Assoc report in manage libraries:

Mange Libraries->Highlight assy->Click MF Assoc report

There is an option to delete the relationship if necessary: (Delete Rel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back