Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To what specification does wastewater treated? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemical
Jan 30, 2004
GB
I have been mandated by my Company to design a Wastewater treatment unit for an LPG plant's office and Accommodation. I will appreciate suggestion on how wastewater are treated and to what specification? whether WHO? and what are their requirements?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A lot of this depends on what country this plant will be located in and the corresponding environmental restrictions.

We did a proposal for a bulk crude loading terminal in Yemen. Barring any specific requirements from the client, we used the guidelines from the US Exim bank.

Contact your local authorities to get the max. allowable limits...and take into account that the today amount of waste water will increase and so will the demands of the legislation.
M777182

Thanks TD2k and m777182 for your response. TD2K, the client did not provide anything to design to just like your case. Is it possible to have a copy of this US EXIM BANK guideline to use as basis.

Thanks in advance

First you need to konw what level of contamidation you have in the water. What is the PPM in the water and what is in the water. Once you know that then you can choose what type of clean up method you want to use. Once you know what the PPM is in the water you can go to and run the modler to see it an air stripper will clean it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back