Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toggle between Elevation Views?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drile007

Structural
Jul 14, 2007
SI
Hi to all,

I'm wondering for shortcut to Set Elevation View in Etabs?
Is there any other way than pick desired Elevation view from the list offered by Etabs via View menu > Set Elevation View?
Picking from the text lists is very time consuming, especially in cases with a lot of saved Elevation Views.
Something, like picking a wall/grid/beam in plan view and Show in Elevation, will be awesome?

Thank you for all comments

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Don't think so. I find this annoying also, last time I used ETAB's you also couldn't resize the windows in which you are scrolling through, so you are left with a tiny window and scrolling forever, rather than dragging window to be bigger and seeing all the entries. UI design has never been a strong point of the software.

Only workaround I have used if you are constantly coming back to the same views is to have them permanently open in another window and you can select them along the top ribbon.

Or even changing the coordinate of an existing elevation? Or rearranging the elevations so their in order again when you have to delete and do the elevation again if a wall moves.

I guess you could always jump into the txt. file and do these things, but it shouldn't be like that...

For industry leading software, there are so many things that could be better...

After the latest update, my delete button no longer deletes elements. It now requires me to go to task bar -> edit -> delete... so many extra steps....

EZ, not sure if you are aware, but you can set the delete key to do the edit > delete command.

Go to Options > Customize Toolbar, switch to Keyboard tab, select "Edit" in first list and "Delete" in second list, then click on New Key input and hit delete key. Finally, click assign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back