Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toilet Fixtures for a High School Grandstand

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEDARRIN2

Mechanical
Oct 1, 2003
US
In determining how to comply with the code required minimum number of toilet/lavatory fixtures for a outdoor grandstand at a high school, has anyone ever gotten permission to utilize temporary toilets and hand washing stations to supplement permanent facilities? I see nothing in the International Codes that allow it although some administrative codes have amended the code to allow for inclusion of fixtures in the main high school building in the count. The owner is not wanting to pay to have roughly 25 permanent toilets that may only see use 4-6 months of the year if he does not have to.

We are going to talk to the code official, but I wanted to see if anybody on here has had this issue.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

why ask us when you can talk to the JHA, to he only person who can answer this?

the fear is, that the owner will remove the temporary toilets. That's why they need to be permanent. A porta potty etc. also is not as good as a real toilet. So i guess, no, not allowed.

Definitely going to talk to the code official because it would be a variance to the code.

But the post was not to get an answer so much but get feedback from others who might have had the same dilemma for what eventually worked for them.

And the point of temporary toilets is their removability. The owner "could" not make them available during a game, but likely he would only do that once. After the number of complaints he would get, he would not do that more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back