Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tolerances in drawings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGS1

Mechanical
Dec 16, 2002
US
I want to display the tolerances of only certain dimensions within a drawing. Unfortunately, when I set the tol_display to yes in the drawing set-up file, all the dimensions now show a tolerance. Is there a way to pick and choose which dimensions to add the tolerancing to?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Change the tol_display config.pro setting for the models to NOMINAL. This allows all new dim's to be shown as nominal. It won't affect parts made PRIOR to this change.

Like before, just pick the dim's you want to change, then RMB abd pick the tolerance setting there.

Go to to pick up a free config.pro help file.

Steve

3dlogic,

Thanks for the tip. Sometimes the most simplest things are overlooked. Mine was set to plusminus.

Thanks again.

If you have a lot of dimensions that you want to add the tolerances back to, you may want to set up a mapkey that will allow you to select many dimensions at once.

I just did this recently and have found that it's very useful - especially when there are many dimensions that will be using the same tolerance.

See thread554-25170 for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back