Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tool Bars and moving them to other MNS files

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow

Computer
Mar 1, 2001
US
hey does anyone know of an easy way to say if i create a custom tool bar under the user group autocad and then say later create my own custom MNU file and want to move my toolbar to this new MNU/MNS file graphically

Any Ideas if everyone helps everybody the world will be a better place

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ok well i know this to be true

to copy a button press CTRL while draging to a different tool bar that in a way could be used to an advantage wouldnt you think (im just speaking outloud)

so suggestivly what i could do is copy the ACAD.MNS rename to MY MNU.MNU and strip all Toolbar info and copy/move to same toolbar but them loaded on the other MNU/MNS

Does this make sense if everyone helps everybody the world will be a better place

Just to let you know, I'm just beginning to get into menu customization, so don't take what I say here as hardline truth, and please let me know if you disagree. It's just what I've run across in my efforts.

Probably the most common thing I have found in customizing buttons and toolbars, commands, etc..... always make the changes in the mns, not the mnu (most items I found suggest deleting the mnu file completely), as the mnu overwrites the mns in some cases, possibly deleting changes that have been made. If the mnu isn't there, it just runs with the mns.

For dragging the buttons back and forth, I'll be trying that one out shortly, and will try to get back to you.

Well, the mns file is not where you make your changes, this should be done in the mnu file. The mns file is regenerated out of the mnu file, you can easily remove the mns file. I'll check on my work and come bank to this later. But here is how I make an toolbar. I make my toolbars immediatly in the mnu file because when I do it graphically my tablet will be out of configuration, but here is what you should do.
1: Make an backup of your mnu and mnl file if I recall correctly.(I'll come back to that.)
2: Make a toolbar however you like with whatever you like, If I recall correctly this will be stored in the mns file. So here you'll find the bar you just made defined. (under the toolbar section ofcourse).
3: Search this peace of texture and paste it in your mnu file in the same section. This will make it work.
4: Now I dunno why you want to move it graphically, cause this will work fine. :)(if you don't get it let me know) Good luck.

well here is what i finally did
At home i have about 40 or 50 custom buttons and toolbars and i wanted to make them portable so i did this
1 open notepad and create a txt file with an extention of MNU
2 then save it to a custom location where all your lsp routines will be stored
3 open autocad add the path to the support file search path then do a menuload and load your custom MNU (its blank so nothing will really happen)
4 then right click on a toolbar and goto customize and create a new toolbar in the new menugroup with the same name as the MNU file you just created.
5 after that its as easy as going to customize and using the drag and drop method (or you could use ctrl+drag then you get coppies)
I then preceded to just create a self extracting zip file and wala there you have it a portable custom menu to take to other systems thats the same as before and the best part yet is you could set this up on say a server and have everyone access it that way i believe
if everyone helps everybody the world will be a better place

Hmmm Something interesting maybe someone could tell me what it means

this happens after i do a menuload and load my custome MNU file

ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 86.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 87.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 88.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 89.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 90.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 91.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 92.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 93.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 94.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 95.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 96.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 97.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 98.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 99.
ERROR -> Menu Syntax Error Line: 182. if everyone helps everybody the world will be a better place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back