Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tool Libraries in NX3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERFABCHAD

Mechanical
Feb 7, 2006
US
I was just wondering how everybody else here was handling there tool libraries? It seems quite laborius to me. I haven't quite gotten the handlle on a quick efficient way to catalog the tooling i am using on a day to day basis. How can i easily place tools in holders and still be able to use them in visualize? I am totaly confused at the direction UG would want me to take. I understand the ASCI format and procedure, but i don't see that as the answer. Has anyone heard of a program called Wintool? It is a tool assembly and list database that will directly create tools assembled with their holders and directly import them into a form usable by UG. It also will create drawing that can be sent to the floor comlpetely dimensiond for assembly. Any ideas on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You are right, UG tool libs are a bit clunky in NX3. Instead, why not do as I do and create a seed part containing your most used tooling and methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back