Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toolbox issue -saved part with huge fasteners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpnutts

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2012
GB
Hi, hoping someone might be able to help.....

I have a top-level assembly that contains 4 sub-assemblies. All these sub-assemblies use fasteners from the toolbox and they're all showing up as massive, with no option to create the right size! Whenever I open other parts (not related to this assembly) I get a pop-up asking if I want solidworks to create the missing size and its all fine. I'm using the education/student version of Solidworks at my uni and its a bit strange in that we have to add-in the toolbox at the start of every session if we want to use it.

What I think has happened is I've opened the top level assembly drawing to change a small detail on the sheet, forgetting to add in the tool box before I opened the file, then saved it. This now seems to have saved the default "huge screws" in the assemblies. Is there any way of getting the original size back other than deleting and replacing? That seems like an awful lot of work!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It sounds like you don't have things set up properly. If you did, you wouldn't get the message about toolbox needing to create the part. Chances are you'll have to get your sys admin to help out as it sounds like you don't have admin rights on the computer (hence the need to start toolbox every time).

Jeff Mirisola
Director of Engineering
M9 Defense
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back