Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tools for stainless steel workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

structural1

Mechanical
Dec 1, 2002
DE
Dear friends,
i need some iformation about the latest tools and technologie documents for a stainless steel workshop developement.
Is there any information about ultra-sonic welding for stainless steel and also about the electric picling technique.
thank you
Happy new year.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Here are a couple of websites that have equipment for ultrasonic welding of S/S. As far as the Electroplishing of S/S any supplier of plating equipment will have all the information needed. Just be aware that electropolishing S/S requires a very high current density and has to be in well ventilated area. We used 100% duty cycle welding machines for the power supplies for electropolishing S/S.

unclesyd gave some good ultrasonic welding sites. Here are some for brush electropolishing/electrocleaning of welds:
Brooktronics -- Sifco -- LDC -- I believe these are the 3 leading US companies in the field of selective electrofinishing. Am familiar with Brooktronics and Sifco. LDC seems to have very good worldwide distribution.

Brush electropolishing/electrocleaning of welds is similar to brush electroplating, except for reverse current: the workpiece is the anode rather than the cathode. I suggest a 0-25 VDC output anodizing or plating rectifier as power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back