Torsional Value Analysis - Genset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmondzzz3

Electrical
Dec 10, 2008
US
Hello,

I am providing an alternator (generator end) to a manufacturer who is going to mate this device to a diesel-fired prime mover – what we know as a genset.
The integrator is asking me for a Torsional Value Data so he can feel comfortable in knowing this alternator component isn’t going to cause problems to the prime-mover (and thus, the warranty)..
I’ve made 1000’s of these alternator ends and have never had a problem with the connection and resulting operation of the genset. I also have know idea how to provide this individual with the raw data he needs to allow him to run his numbers and give me a thumbs up or a thumbs down..

Can someone send me to a company or a web site that can help me understand what it entails from my end to provide this possible customer the data they need to crunch their numbers?
I have a script in Excel that will allow me to plug in my *numbers* but just don’t know how to extract the data from my end…

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you haven't mentioned the size of this thing, but I suspect that what they need is the inertia of the rotating assembly and the stiffness of the front half or third of the input shaft.

What they're going to do with the info is:
1) break down the crank/slider/damper/flywheel/coupling system into a mass-elastic-damper representation (and add your alternator stiffness & inertia to the end of it)
2) decompose the reciprocating inertia into harmonic content for excitation
3) decompose the cylinder firing traces into harmonic content for excitation
4) calculate mode shapes and frequencies for the system
5) apply the excitations to the mass-elastic system and calculate displacement amplitudes at each mass element
6) compare the displacement amplitudes to their bogeys (guidelines)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back