Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba VF-S9 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_Flowers

Electrical
Jan 30, 2020
US
Hello,

I have a piece of equipment that requires the use of 5 drive bays pulling a continuous chain. Each drive bay has 2 motors that run off 1 VFD (so 5 VFD's total). Over time each of these VFD's has been changed to a different/newer version. My problem I'm having is that when I go to stop the conveying chain, three of the drives decelerate normally, and two do not. They end up just displaying OFF instead of the frequency dropping. The drive bays controlled by these two VFD's are skipping and damaging components when stopped. I made sure all my basic parameters are the same across the drives with relative accuracy (control, freq reference, ACC, and DEC). I've looked through This manual and can't seem to find a parameter or function that I am missing.

So to be clear, I believe my issue lies with the Toshiba VF-S9 drives displaying OFF instead of decelerating when stopped. Can anyone point me to proper setting to help with my issue?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Here's a couple of thoughts:

1) The deceleration values are not set the same. Some may be set to, say 1sec and the others 10 seconds.

2) There is a separate parameter that states: "Coast to a Stop" which skips the decel action completely.

3) There are now a lot of inputs on drives supposedly for safety that cause drives to remove drive from the output. Even though this could be very dangerous and a hazard to users it seems to be the go to (probably moronic drive lawyers) and the result is always a coast-to-stop. Make sure the correct inputs are actually being used.

4) There are some settings that render decel nonfunctional because of conflicts.

5) Your Toshiba drive has an auto decel parameter that has the drive deciding what the decel should be. This should be turned off.

6) You can have a parameter that is "minimum speed" and the drive can simply coast-to-stop when the speed gets down to that instead of decelling.

That's what comes to mind at the moment. That manual is pretty painful.. :/

Keith Cress
kcress -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back