Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Total Installed Cost for Compressor Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

edm123

Mechanical
Mar 11, 2010
AE
Is there any thumb rule/documentation/Journal/Symposium Published paper to estimate Total Installed Cost (TIC) of Process Gas Centrifugal Compressor package/MW driven by (1) Electric Motor with VFD and Gearbox (2) Non-condensing Steam Turbine and (3) Gas Turbine?

Will TIC include the engineering cost as well?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are published metrics but are normal proprietary to estimating software. You could probably find some older published metrics (estimating books) and adjust for inflation. Without any additional information, my guess would be 10k per 100 cfm for electric driven process compressor with a 15% adder for steam driven and 25% adder for gas turbine. This can vary dramatically (50-100%) depending on if you are looking at a vendors standard offering or a custom engineered package. The same can be said for engineering costs as well. Typically, they are rolled up into the package TIC but I have seen them bid separately depending on system complexity.

Also is this greenfield site or using existing utilities or site services.

Prob factor of 2 right there.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

We are looking at custom engineered package complying to Shell DEP.

This package is for BF with min design requirements of 75,000 Kg/hr and Suction/Discharge pressure 16/50 barg.

I don't have access to Shell DEP but there should be a list of preferred vendors for centrifugal compressors. If you are unable to find a list of preferred vendors, inquire what manufacture/manufactures are used for Shell centrifugal compressors, then contact those vendors. The vendors will be familiar with Shell DEP requirements for custom engineered packages. You appear to have enough process information to provide to the vendor to request an Order Of Magnitude, OOM TIC cost or budgetary quote. An OOM cost should be close enough for a conceptual or preliminary cost estimate.
The vendor may not want to provide a OOM cost but a true budgetary cost, which, if your procurement guidelines allow you to solicit budgetary quotes, would be the most accurate for your purposes.

Hi,
A better option should be to consult an engineering company familiar with this technology to provide a budget price.
They have data in house to support from recent projects. It could be worth to spend $$ to get your figures.
My 2 cents
Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back