Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

TR Sleeves -RB211-535E4-Rohr Drawings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USACompositeGuy

Aerospace
Aug 12, 2003
US
I am working on a composite repair for the TR sleeve on an RB211-535E4 engine. The actual TR sleeves are made by Rohr. I am in need of a DWG for the TR sleeve.

The damaged area is located on the outer skin in the lower corner of the part at the slider fitting. The area has a graphite doubler that is damaged. I need to know the material and ply lay-up for the area, but I do not have any drawings for these parts.

Does anyone have any of these DWGs? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

These drawings are proprietory data of Goodrich Aerostructures now.
I Used to do stress analysis of the repairs on these sleeves, or Translating Sleeve, that you are talking about.

I would recommend contacting Goodrich direct on the topic.

It would help to know if your looking at repairing this, as a repair station, and if so, would your repair station not have the SRM of the aircraft, which clearly shows material types and lay ups.

From memory, these areas used to be quite highly loaded, and perhaps to repair it, you should conduct the joint to the new section away from the slider, look at stepping out into the panel away from the slider.

As it's a repair your conducting, your reference material, such as drawings and literature, needs to be current and up to date. I wouldn't think asking on a forum for a drawing would lead to you having an approvable repair.

I have the SRM and the engine manual which show only the ply lay-up and material of the skin, not the doublers. The reason I need the DWG is so that I can see the ply lay-up of the doubler at the slider fitting. I will be taper sanding the damage outside of the fitting area to ensure continuity in the area, but still need to know what is there.

My hope was that someone would have the DWG and would be able to send me a copy for ref. Even an old DWG would give me a guide to reverse engineer the part as I go. The forum was just one place to try, even as a long shot.

The doubler is integral of the skin, will it not be detailed in the lay-up then?

Aside of that, is the doubler damaged?

The doubler is the same material as the skin. If it is damaged, can you not use the existing doubler, to look at the ply orientation by taking it apart?

Otherwise, the main purpose of the doubler will be for the fasteners, so to improve pull-through or bearing.

You'd be looking at maintaining CILS and Bearing. CILS won't be affected by the orientation, Bearing allowables are the same for layups containing between 40 and 60% of 45 deg plies. Therefore, if you can't back Engineer the doubler, fabricate one to the same thickness with the above balance of 0 to 45 plies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back