Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trail files

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanpeltnv

Industrial
Feb 10, 2004
BE
Where can I find information about working with trail files.
How to edit these files.
Is it possible to run a part of a file.
What to do if there is an error?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would start with the help structure within Pro/e. Then check the links on this site. I have some documents at home on trail files that I've gathered over the years. I will repost last.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 2.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Do you trust your intuition or go with the flow?

You can edit them in wordpad. There is nothing special with trail files. All clicks and movements of your mouse are recorded in this files as well as the menu browsing. A quick study will give you an ideea of what info you need to keep if you want to modify it.

Make a copy of the file you want to edit, but remove the number afer the second dot (ex: trail.txt.49 -> my_trail.txt) This file can be run in ProE.

If an error occurs, ProE will quit.

-Hora

Does anyone know the correct procedure when working with a trainer text file and a trail file. The help in Pro E is not as descriptive as it should. Thanks. Don

Don,

Here is a link to a great Pro/E resource
Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 4.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea" Bernard-Paul Heroux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back