Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training Justification 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tooleng100

Automotive
Nov 1, 2006
GB
I need to approach my boss with justification for training in the latest processes and developments, I have been a toolmaker for 16 years and last year moved to a new position of tooling engineer responsible for new injection mould tools, repair and maintenance of existing tooling. As most of us know new developments and processes are evolving all the time and I would like to keep up to date. So my question is: - what is the best way to approach my boss to justify paying for training?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It can bring in new business (with proper advertising) as afterwards you'll be able to handle more cutting-edge stuff... that would be good enough for me.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

what kind of training are you looking at....who is offering it (got a link or something)....

Usually seminars are free (or very cheep) and are good source of general info on what is out there....If something catches your eye and you would like to know more about it, it's easy to convince your boss (hint; it's all about the $$$, and how much you could save him)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back