Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training of Process and Project Engineers in the O&G Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmanuelTop

Chemical
Sep 28, 2006
RS
Good day to everybody

Can you recommend quality Courses on Process and Project Engineering, in the Oil & Gas environment?

I would like to arrange for a few training sessions and invite recognized experts to give a boost to our young colleagues from Process and Project departments.

JM Campbell and IFP offer good courses and they will certainly be included in the program. If you know for something else - particularly from your first hand experience - please let me know your suggestions.

Thank you in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are talking downstream, then you are not going to do better than JM Campbell. For upstream, I don't like their offerings much (which is why I'm not teaching for them, they don't like mine much either) because they try to teach field stuff as though it were plant stuff. The risk-density is so different that few of the concepts are appropriate to carry over intact.

I've found the upstream offerings from all the training companies to be so out of date that I wouldn't recommend any of the public courses for upstream; which is why I developed my own courses [this is not intended as advertising, simply a statement on the sorry state of this field]. I've got brochures on my web page describing the 2-day and 5-day offerings (look under Samples). Right now, I'm only doing them as in-house courses so I can focus on a single set of requirements and tailor examples to the class.

David Simpson, PE
MuleShoe Engineering

"Belief" is the acceptance of an hypotheses in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back