Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transferring models from FEMAP to PATRAN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjshah

Aerospace
Apr 12, 2007
GB
Hi all,

I'm trying to transfer a FEMAP 7.01 model to PATRAN. The only way to do this is reading in the bulk data file (.bdf) into PATRAN which works fine.

However, in order to split up the model into 'groups' in PATRAN the FEMAP model was created with each FEMAP layer as a different property so that when the model is brought into PATRAN these can then be set as different groups.

PATRAN returns back fatal error messages 315 and 316 when attempting to analyse the multiple property model. These error messages refer to the some problem with the property card. I believe its something to do with a problem with transferring the composite laminate cards PCOMP into Patran.

Has anyone have any experience with exporting/importing models through these different platforms with similar problems?

Thanks!
Vijay

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"PATRAN returns back fatal error messages 315 and 316 when attempting to analyse the multiple property model. These error messages refer to the some problem with the property card. I believe its something to do with a problem with transferring the composite laminate cards PCOMP into Patran. Has anyone have any experience with exporting/importing models through these different platforms with similar problems?"

Hi VJ,
FEMAP user manual listed that Patran can't handle PCOMP properties card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back