Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Transformer Fault Currents Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky2020

Electrical
May 21, 2019
CA
I have seen an Excel sheet calculator that computes the current at the transformer primary and the secondary when various types of faults are applied. Have you seen this calculator? If you have seen it, can you please direct me to this calculator or send me a copy?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is not a problem to prepare an Excel workbook for short-circuit calculation. However, there are a lot of different power transformers, starting with number of windings: two or three [usually] and number of limbs [usually 3 or 5] and size -for instance see IEC 600076-5 [Ability to withstand short circuit] category I, II or III. or according to connection type-delta, star, zig-zag and other type of transformers. You may follow IEC 60909-0 and state where is the short-circuit point located and type of the fault: phase-to-grounding fault, phase-to-phase, phase-to-ground-to phase, all three phases, with arc or solid and so on.
For MV/LV transformer substation short-circuit a simple theory for instance, it is presented in ABB MV/LV transformer substations: theory and examples of short-circuit calculation or IEEE C37.91, Guide for Power Transformer Protection, for higher voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back