Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transient Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayuri

Coastal
May 4, 2012
NL

Hi,

I made a transient analysis of a complex device. However my temperature profile of one part is not uniform, which means temperature profile have some steps (not concave, attached how it looks).
There is uniform heat generation from another part. I check the heat flux of contact between heat generator part to my device and it is not stable also. It is decreasing when steps occured for temperature profile of another part.

What can be caused this? Mesh?

Thank you,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"Heat flux or thermal flux is the rate of heat energy transfer through a given surface."
52425fe3bf462e4a3e3d472998ee0fc1.png
where
4aa206c6bb4ea101822cdb9e6cd498d5.png
is heat flux.

As the temperature profile of your part increases, more energy dissipates from the part (Eout increases), decreasing heat flux.

Apologies if I am misunderstanding your question.

Hope that helps,
-Ian

"All models are wrong, but some are usefull" - George E. P. Box

Actually, all the parts belong to one system and system is stable. my problem was that heat flux or temperature is not increasing uniformly, not with a concave shape. There are some steps as shown in previous figure.

I solved this problem. Actually my solid body have errors about connection. I thought some parts are connected, however there are 50um distance. Because of connection, heat flux gives strange results. I solved that problem with making a connection radius and create an united part of these parts.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back