transition mesh on a shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheeeshamk

Student
Feb 8, 2024
DE
Hi,

so i am currently creating a mesh for an FE analysis of a shaft with a keyway. The Task is, to create a very detailed mesh around the keyway and then to transition it into a wider mesh. My Idea was to build shells around the keyway and sweep a selfmade transition mesh around it (see pictures). But as it is, it does not widen the mesh on the surface of the shaft. So i built another shell around it and tried to create a transtion mesh using the "seed edges" but that doesnt work or at least i dont know how to make it work.

(The first image is the entire (simplified) shaft and the second one shows the cross section of the transition mesh (before i added the extra shell))

I hope somebody has an idea for that or suggestions for improvement.

Shaft_usfw4u.png

cross-section_TransitionMesh_bcachp.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can use Seed Edges on volumes (cells) too, just use the selection filter (drop-down list next to the cursor symbol). It will simply apply the specified seeds to all edges of the cell. If it doesn't give you sufficiently low density, it might be best to create separate parts with different mesh densities and join them with tie constraints. Internally, Abaqus would use tie constraints to join dissimilar meshes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back