Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Translating NX to SE ST2 or ST3

Status
Not open for further replies.

psilzle

Mechanical
Apr 20, 2005
US
We have a customer that uses NX and sends us a model assembly that we import into ST2 (we have ST3 but have not upgraded yet). The main portion of the items in the assembly are sheet metal parts. In the translation we loose the material, thickness, bend radius and k-factor. Is there any way for this inofrmation to be transfered across?

Thank you,
Paul

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried the Transform to Sheet Metal command? I skipped ST2 so can't say for sure that this will be there but it was in previous releases and it's in ST3. It's in the application menu. Open the part coming from NX into the sheet metal environment and then transform it. If everything works you will have access to thickness, bend radius, and k-factor through the material table. I've only done this with stp files, so I can't speak to NX files.

Jason

I do that and the thickness is the only thing that comes across. The bend radius should be .09 and it always defaults to .038. Also the neutral factor always comes in at .33. We use .4.

Is the bend radius and neutral factor set correctly in whatever template file the conversion is using?

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back